[OSGeo-Board] Membership Mechanism and Solicitation

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jul 5 14:44:40 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 02:17:59PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Now that we have a definition for regular members, I would like to see
> us take steps to setup a mechanism for folks to sign up as members, and
> for us to actively promote membership.  This should include the optional
> item to be a supporting member with some suggested price level, and some promo
> item like a t-shirt.
>
> Any suggestions who might want to take the lead on such an effort?

I guess there are two sides to this; organising and implementation.
I'd see the former in VisCom's remit - how are benefits communicated
and people reached out to - how are promo items sourced & paid for.
I'd see the latter in SAC's remit, it makes sense to build a simple
signup system to collect addresses, locations, store this data in
LDAP, plug through to a member map?

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Eighth_VisCom_Meeting - there's a lot
on this agenda, but perhaps this could be raised there.

cheers,

jo