[OSGeo-Board] Charity status?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 6 09:03:44 PDT 2006

rich at richsteele.org wrote:
> I'm still around, just back from an extended time away from email.
> Where we left the 501c3 process is that we can't make the filing until
> we have some good faith estimates and projections on the foundation's
> budget.  The IRS requires this to see whether you will fit into the
> public charity box.  The application form in all of its glory is here:

Rich,

We have passed a planned spending budget:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Budget_2006-2007

I gather the other half is a projection of how we expect to collect
the money that demonstrates "community support" in the sense of a
diversity of contributors?  That is something that the Fundraising
committee should be able to produce fairly soon.