[OSGeo-Board] Re: Fundraising Feedback

Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Mar 9 09:22:25 PST 2006

> I don't know the GeoTools, GRASS, Mapbender and MapBuilder communities
> well enough to know if there will be well heeled sponsors willing to
> sponsor in return for maintenance.

Mapbender is too much a hit-and-go type project, investment need not be
large to get going. But the core projects (MapServer, GeoServer, etc.
later maybe PostGIS) are a lot more prone to this kind of (high volume)
funding and I am actually getting people who can decide on this start to
think. It will be a lot of communication involved and evey project will
have very different  chances of getting funding from sponsors.

Arnulf.