[OSGeo-Board] BoD election: clarification needed

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Mon Mar 13 08:57:28 PST 2006

Apologies.  In my email I said 'voting member'.  I hesitated on sending
it out like that, since we had talked about having it available to
non-voting members, but that email was the one that got board approval,
so I sent it as it was.

The proposed board election procedure was simply a proposal, I didn't
intend it to be the reference, but I guess people are using it as such.
  I'll update it with the dates, and the wording from the email.

My thought is that this round is voting members only, since that's the
way I sent the email, future rounds will be open to all members.  If
there is some non voting member who really wants to be on the board,
then they could approach the board about it if they like.

Looking at this email though, I don't think pmarc actually wants to
nominate those people to the board.  His confusion was that he seemed to
think it was for normal membership.  And he also neglected to fully read
the email that the person to be nominated had to be accepted first...