[ISC2006] Re: Workshop deadline reminder

ERTZ Olivier olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch
Tue Mar 28 07:30:03 PST 2006

Ok. Thanx very much. I also agree with the second option.
So let's fix it. But I can't modify it on conference.osgeo.org (seems
User and Project Contributor is not enough)
Who could set me owner on the project ? And if you all agree of
course... ;-)

Olivier

Allan Doyle a écrit :

> Olivier,
>
> This is great! My only tweak is to change the first sentence to
> either of these options:
>
> FOSS4G2006, an international conference addressing
> geospatial data technologies developed by or of
> relevance to the Open  Source community, will be held
> September 12-15, 2006 in Lausanne,  Switzerland.
>
> FOSS4G2006, the international conference addressing
> geospatial data technologies developed by or of
> relevance to the Open  Source community, will be held
> September 12-15, 2006 in Lausanne,  Switzerland.
>
> In other words, the original "FOSS4G2006 is an..." was not good
> English grammar when combined with "..., will be held...".
>
> The other way to fix it is
>
> FOSS4G2006 is an international conference addressing
> geospatial data technologies developed by or of
> relevance to the Open  Source community, which will be held
> September 12-15, 2006 in Lausanne,  Switzerland.
>
> But I prefer the 2nd option since we are *the* conference, not just
> any conference :)
>
>     Allan
>
> On Mar 28, 2006, at 09:34, ERTZ Olivier wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've have posted a draft for the announcement :
>> https://conference.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?
>> documentID=48&showInfo=true
>> We delayed the workshop deadline to april 15. Do you agree ?
>>
>> If text is ok, it's time to network all around. So, we need
>> volunteers. Please find the Announcements Contact List there :
>> https://conference.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?
>> documentID=43&showInfo=true
>>
>> We need to define fill the "Person to send" column. So, if you feel
>> close to a community please make an annoucement to it, but we must
>> contact all communities.
>>
>> Olivier.
>>
>> Jeff McKenna a écrit :
>>
>>> Last week we discussed sending out a reminder about the workshop
>>> deadline of March 31st.  I believe Claude mentioned that we should
>>> wait until sponsors are placed on the website.  When is that
>>> happening?  I think we need to send a reminder about this  deadline,
>>> many don't realize that they have to commit to giving a  workshop by
>>> the 31st.
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>>

>> --

Olivier ERTZ - Project Engineer in Geoinformatics
HESSO - University of Applied Sciences
IICT Institute - http://www.mediamaps.ch
Lausanne - Switzerland [Geo@: 46.523 , 6.622]