[OSGeo-Board] 501c3 docs??

Ken Tamura ken.tamura at autodesk.com
Mon Nov 27 10:20:30 PST 2006

Hello Tyler,
Good to hear that you're ready to get started on the filing.  Rich was
working on the initial document, and I was starting to gather the budget
information. However it did not make sense for us to continue until you
were hired as much of the information is predicated upon the strategies
over the next three years.  To get the latest status on the document,
let's get Rich's comments.

As far as the budget is concerned, here are my comments:

>  The revenue budget is currently not complete and needs additional
work on categorizing the types of revenue that will be obtain.  The
categories are based upon the definitions noted in the 501c3 document.

>  The revenue budget needs to be a three year projection.

>  The revenue budget needs to cover the expected costs of the
organization.  The costs need to be estimated based upon the future
three year strategies.

As you can see, the three year financials goals and strategies will need
to be incorporated.

Please let me know if you still need my assistance on the financial
side.

Regards,
Ken

Ken Tamura