[OSGeo-Board] Re: [OSGeo-info] press question

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Mon Oct 30 17:15:12 PST 2006

All,

I discussed this at length with David last week.

We are not a standards body. If anything, as Jo said elsewhere, I think
we have said that would be interested in providing reference
implementatons embodied in open source software, and we'd likely be
interested in having our stuff certified by the OGC< but really, we're
here to promote the use of standards in an open source context.

Regards,

Gary