[OSGeo-Board] ED Job Description

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Sep 21 06:27:59 PDT 2006

dear all,
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:49:43AM +0900, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Look fine in its present form.

One good comment I received from a member about the ED role in general
is that it is scoped to be inward-looking, perhaps excessively; that
an important element of the role is business/industry relations, both
inside and outside what is traditionally GIS/geospatial.

I suppose this is encapsulated now in the 'Goals' section of this
page: [[ Consistently representing the organization as a key contact,
advocate, promoter and fundraiser ]] and I'm not sure how that can be
better expressed in terms of 'Responsibilities'.

Apart from that it seems solid. When is the next Board meeting - not
tomorrow but next week? I may be in travel mode again then. :/

cheers,

jo