[Board] Funding for booth at Location Intelligence

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 23 11:57:33 PST 2007

Hi Gary and all,

You may have seen already Michael's request for a VisCom budget.  My
hope was that with that budget we wouldn't need to have multiple
VisCom requests to the board for approval, but I have some pressing
needs with one event and need to know if I can commit future funds to
it.  It would come out of that budget ultimately, but I need to know
sooner than the board will be able discuss/approve the VisCom budget.

We've been donated booth space at Location Intelligence, but need
funds to develop the booth and graphics and commit to paying other
fees around the show.  I estimate it will be 5-10k.  Parts of this
will be reusable, so these are somewhat upfront costs plus specific
event costs.

I need to know if I can commit some funds toward this sooner than
later since I have to sign a show contract or turn back the donated
booth space.

This event is on VisCom's official list of events and I've been
coordinating speaking and workshops with others in the community.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Tyler