[Board] Re: Random selection of board members to be replaced/re-elected

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 9 09:36:06 PDT 2007

Hi Mark,
We will miss you.  Certainly the OTD effort and the work that OSSI is
doing will help to keep up closely aligned on some pretty strategic
levels.

Once the elections are complete then we can drop/add the board
members - so we won't let you off the hook immediately.

Thank you for your participation and enthusiasm while on the board.

Tyler

On 9-Jul-07, at 9:25 AM, Mark Lucas wrote:

> I've decided to offer up my board seat to new candidates.  I'll
> continue to help with OSGeo where I can, but I am consumed with the
> ongoing Open Technology Development efforts within the DoD and
> Intelligence Community.  It makes sense to give up my seat to one
> of the many candidates that can devote more time and effort to
> OSGeo activities.
>
> Been a pleasure working with all of the board members - it really
> is amazing what has been accomplished and I'm excited about its
> future potential.
>
> Mark
>
> On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>
>> Please confirm whether or not you desire to let your name stand
>> for re-election.
>>
>> On 9-Jul-07, at 8:16 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I've just run the random selection of 5 of the board members, see
>>> attached for details, the five chosen were:
>>>
>>> 1 Mark Lucas
>>> 2 Gary Lang
>>> 3 Markus Neteler
>>> 4 Venkatesh Raghavan