[Board] Lobbying for 501(c)3's

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 08:51:03 PDT 2007

Folks,

We have occasionally had discussions on how OSGeo would not be able to
be politically active if we want to be 501(c)3 status.  I found this
email on the SPI (Software in the Public Interest) mailing list
informative and in line with the understanding I got from Rich.  I
provide it as background information for the board.