[Board] Draft voting rules...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 12 22:49:06 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,
Any comments on the rules below?  I plan to open the voting tomorrow
or Thursday but want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

----
--DRAFT--
Current OSGeo Charter Members can now vote for additional Charter
Members until the end of day June 29th (midnight UTC).

Please review the specific rules for voting:

- There are currently 37 nominees for Charter Membership, listed here[1]
- Please review the lower section of that page which outlines some of
their contributions
- Consider nominees according to the guidelines of "Criteria for
Charter Member Nomination"[2]
- Voting is by secret email ballot starting June 13th, ending June
29th, midnight UTC  (17 days)
- Voting is open to *current* Charter Members only, as listed here[3]
- Each voter has 15 votes to cast and assign any way they like
- Nominees may receive more than one vote
- Votes are *only* to be emailed to cro at osgeo.org with subject "Votes"
- Send *one name per line* in the email, each line being worth a
single vote, maximum 15 lines
- Repeat names several times if you want them to have several votes
- I will tabulate the results within 4 days and report back to community
- The 15 nominees with the highest number of votes will be chosen
- A tie will be broken using a random selection method

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/New_Member_Nominations
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/membership
[3] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/members/voting_members.html