[Board] Board Meeting Reminder

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 22 19:08:32 PDT 2007

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> I'll be there too.
>
> ka-map hosting?? it's already hosted on MapTools.
>
> And given we already have OpenLayers going through incubation ...
> putting ka-map through wouldn't seem like the best idea without some
> project integration if you ask me.
>
> So where in the world did this request come from??

Dave,

Paul contacted SAC and filed a ticket indicating that the ka-map
community desired subversion and trac hosting at OSGeo - presumably
partly because these services aren't currently available at MapTools.
So this request is being handled by the processed we discussed at the last
meeting (and as applied to MOSS4G).  That is the board must vette the project
to see if it is satisfied that the project is compatible with our goals, and
then it is up to SAC to decide if they are willing to take on responsibility
for hosting a project that isn't actually an OSGeo project.

To my surprise, this even I also noticed that a Ka-map incubation application
is cooking in the wiki, though it hasn't been submitted or reviewed by
the incubation committee.

Perhaps you should talk to Paul!

PS. I have also added an item to select a new Secretary in light of the
fact that Rich Steele doesn't have time to do this job.  The Secretary has
a variety of responsibilities for keeping corporate documents and so forth.
I think it would be a good fit for Tyler since he operates our mail drop and
is effectively acting as secretary now.