[Board] Project Donations

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 23 11:09:11 PST 2007

On 23-Nov-07, at 5:14 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> In my opinion it is basically a communication problem. People
> may think (I am guessing here) that their 25% OSGeo tax are
> taken to feed the Ed or someone else. It needs to be better
> communicated how the money is used ...

I agree it's a communication problem and I'll leave that as the main
point of my thread.

I'm certainly not suggesting to forgo the 25% sponsorship portion,
but was specifically wondering if we could help handle the smaller
donations.  If our existing project sponsorship programme can be re-
used for that purpose, then my initial question has been answered :)
However, I would like us to commit to revamping our communication
around the sponsorship programme so the benefits of contributing
through it are obvious.

Thanks for the discussion.

Tyler