[Board] Re: [Marketing] Re: Marketing Budget Request

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 23 13:36:02 PST 2007

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Tyler,
>
> Finance committee has been supportive, and since this was essentially
> the approach we endorsed at the face-to-face ... I think that if you
> don't have any objections from any board members by end of day Monday,
> that should be sufficient.

Tyler / Dave,

It is my feeling that Dave as Treasurer has substantial freedom to approve
expenditures that he feels are within the existing budgetary guidelines and
expectations of the board.  At one point we passed a "spending limits for
officers" motion on the board which set a fairly high limit for the Treasurer.
Perhaps the finance committee could review and ensure that that policy is
properly documented and propose adjustments if needed.

But I don't want to be in a position where things are held up, waiting
for board approval unless they are very large, or represent a substantial
alteration in intention from past discussions.