[Board] Next board meeting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 1 07:09:38 PDT 2008

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> Ah - my mail client sucks, it somehow looses line feeds. Will have to
> fix this. No time. :-)
>

> I just went through the agenda. The link to "Approve Financial Report"
> is not there yet. Without some time to go through the docs I don't think
> we should actually try to approve it?!

Arnulf,

There may be some confusion, but the proposal was to have the meeting on
the 8th (next friday, not this one).  I'm hopeful we will have a financial
report a couple days before the meeting so we can all review them.

> I have not heard from a nomination or proposal of who would like to for
> President, Treasurer or Secretary? Unfortunately I will not be able to
> stand for any of these roles.

I intend to nominate Tyler for Secretary again unless someone has an
alternative plan.  I think it is hard to fill the other roles till we
know who is available.

> Tyler is on vacation this week. We should respect that. So no Update
> from Tyler.

Hopefully next week is fine.

> I will try to be on the call anyway if only to make quorum so that we
> can approve the "Official OSGeo Event Policy". I am still not in favor
> as it is now but the slot to amend the content was too short for me. I
> will vote with a -0 to  not block things but express my doubts. If we
> can make it with at least five directors we could at least move forward
> on this item.

I had been hoping we would also be in a position to evaluate the first
(Teachin) proposal under the new proposed policy.  But I haven't seen much
movement of it through the process.