[Board] Funny how the world looks different outside the board ...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 20 08:43:51 PDT 2008

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Dave,
> thanks for the comment. In my company nobody knows either. :-) I also
> thought that people should take on their new roles at a fixed date - say
> first of September.

Arnulf,

We discussed when the change would take effect in the meeting and there
was no consensus for it to be any time other than immediately following
the decision.   However, we can certainly choose to make an announcement
on September 1st if desired.

 >  As I am on vacation and might suffer from varying
> degrees of online deprivation I don't feel like doing it right now.
>
> Hmmm. Maybe in my new role as president (which still feels awkward to me)
> I could even suggest that we make the official announcement on 2008-09-01
> where the new faces and roles are presented, we have a press release, etc.

I would note that there is quite a bit of overhead in preparing a formal
press release.  Perhaps you just meant an announcement via
announce at lists.osgeo.org and the web site?  If so, just make sure the
announcement is sent to news_item at osgeo.org

> Maybe together with the announcements of the new logo and web site design
> that Tyler sent around?

Perhaps I missed this, but I'm on webcom and I'm not aware of a new web
site design.  If it is a bit of restructuring of the main page then it
hardly seems to require announcing.

PS. With regard to the changed roles, I have updated the wiki and web site
locations that I'm aware of listing officers.