[Board] Motion: Award FOSS4G2010 Conference Hosting to Barcelona, Spain team

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 22 11:37:28 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Frankly, it is very difficult to get motions passed quickly by email which
> is why I generally avoid them.

I was surprised that this motion was happily accepted by board members
as email motion. We are not used to it and will probably never get the
required support of *all* board members (be one of them ill/offline/kids/
whatever).

If the missing vote doesn't come in (there was no deadline for this motion)
it needs to be put on the January agenda anyway. Indeed, despite one
bidding group being earlier happy, it does not make a big difference to
have the result in the beginning of January (talking about FOSS4G 2010
here).

At least a board member/ExecDir should officially close the motion...

I already expressed some of above to Arnulf in an offlist mail, but thought
to partially repeat it here.

Markus