[Board] Re: Board to pay for FOSS4G 2009 code sprint?

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at geocat.net
Mon Nov 24 01:34:04 PST 2008

Hi Cameron,
I would strongly oppose taking the code sprint out of the FOSS4G
budget and in a way also out of the organization. I think it is a
required component of the conference and that it is up to the
conference organizers to decide if it should be a one, three, five, x
days event. You could consider to try to attract specific sponsors for
it to get it covered, but I don't think it makes much sense to push it
to the board.
If you think you can't get the funding & support to make the code
sprint a three days event and it doesn't provide the added value to
the conference attendees you hope for, consider just leaving it one
day instead.
My 2 cents, ciao,
Jeroen