[Board] Funny how the world looks different outside the board ...

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 9 03:12:50 PDT 2008

Hi Tyler,

any news here? I guess that still the majority of even the OSGeo
charter members don't know that we have a new president...

We definitely need to improve on *timely* press releases.
Seems to be my job to be the "press release reminder" (see also
the very first press release in 2006).

cheers
Markus

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi - I will work on it tomorrow - today was a civic holiday.  The other big
> thing on my plate is helping organise several FOSS4G aspects.  Anyone else
> want to help with organising the Annual General Meeting?  Or deliver an
> OSGeo intro presentation or do the initial Welcome message from OSGeo?
>
> Tyler
>
> On 1-Sep-08, at 12:14 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> Hi Board,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
>> <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I started a simple press release here:
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Press_Release_Board_2008
>>>
>>> Todo:  Add a few details about the new directors, Ari and Howard.
>>>  Consider
>>> a short sentence for each director too?  This may be the first time some
>>> readers will ever have been introduced to an OSGeo board, might as well
>>> impress them with the caliber of people involved!
>>>
>>> Most of the press release "process" can fall into our simpler news item
>>> methods.  Much of the press release process was to help guide the
>>> marketing
>>> committee and others outside of the board who wanted to make releases.
>>>  Since it hasn't been used much at all, maybe twice, then I suggest we
>>> handle this on the board list and then let me go through posting the
>>> release
>>> itself.  That is, bypass Marketing and Legal review, while at the same

--
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/