[Board] Status update

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 2 15:52:14 PST 2009

Hi all,
A few of the things I'm working on:
1 - Sponsorship: Please provide any recommendations for potential sponsors
that I should follow up with.  I will also brainstorm my own.  I'm preparing a
press release about our latest new sponsor, this will be our public
announcement.
2 - Finance: Continuing financial updates, reporting and account management.
Working on insurance glitch.  Followed up with IRS re: tax exempt status.
Preparing GDAL sponsorship renewals.  Coordinating MapGuide sponsorship
programme.
3 - Event: Preparing for talk at http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/ event, San
Francisco.  Upwards of 14,000 in attendance at this event.  Presenting an
update talk to Autodesk while in the area and also meeting with several other
California local folks.
4 - Marketing: wrapping up delivery of electronic templates, then syncing with
online access through our website.
5 - Event: Input into FOSS4G as required.  Awaiting budget for board approval.
6 - Journal: Helping coordinate next Journal issue - aiming for end of year.
Lots of great help from Landon Blake and other volunteer reviewers and
editors.
7 - Systems: committee is reviewing some quotes for hardware, along with
hosting at http://osuosl.org.  Should help save some $ over the next year if
we go this route.
8 - Face to face meeting - I suggest meeting at as central a location as
possible, to reduce the overall amount of travel.  If you'd like me to look
into options, let me know.

I'm putting sponsorship as #1 as per Arnulf's request.
Anything missing or confusing?  We can discuss during the meeting or via email
sooner if you like.

Talk to you soon,
Tyler