[Board] FOSS4G 2010 Board Meeting

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Fri Apr 16 13:10:24 PDT 2010

Hi,

I believe that there is a general intention of the board to have a
board-wide F2F meeting of OSGeo at FOSS4G 2010. We should probably
plan this event with the FOSS4G event coordinators. (I know that I'm
personally looking to get travel plans situated as soon as possible,
to hopefully save on some costs and ensure I don't get caught out by
corporate travel requirements.) Before the next board meeting, I would
be interested in discussing plans for this, and ensuring that we have
support from the LOC as to planned facility, so that we can pick an
ideal time (before, after, or during the conference being the three
options, depending on the amount of time we expect to spend).

If someone who is in contact with the FOSS4G 2010 organizing committee
could get that ball rolling -- or let me know that I'm off base and
this has already been discussed -- that would be great.

At one point, the board discussed the possibility of requiring board
members to attend FOSS4G 2010. If this is the case, we should also
establish how we intend to compensate board members/what criteria we
plan to use. I assume that at least some board members won't have
external support to attend the conference, and it seems fair to
support them via OSGeo in some way. It is likely some email discussion
before the meeting could establish some guidelines we could discuss
and vote on.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt