[Board] FOSS4G 2010 Board Meeting

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Fri Apr 16 14:19:08 PDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 5:02 PM, ext Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> I'm trying to remember if I already talked about scheduling space for
> this on the FOSS4G 2010 list, but I'm guessing I'm having flashbacks
> 2009 instead, since I can't find anything about it in my archives :)
>
> Last year we ended up having a dinner meeting and it precipitated some
> great discussion.  Previously we've rented (expensive) meetings rooms
> and brought in catered meals.  So, there isn't anything too
> restrictive
> historically speaking.  Either way, if we narrow down a preference for
> dates (I recommend day before or day after the event), I can chase
> down
> a meeting place for you (either at or near the event venue).

Okay. I think that it is probably worthwhile to have a full day
somewhere; perhaps one of the hotels has conference spaces that
wouldn't be exorbitant. (Additionally, the lack of requirement for
real-time communication to the outside world, if everyone is actually
at the event, may help lower costs somewhat as well.)

> Keep in mind that the annual board member update process, will likely
> change a few (up to half) of the directors.

I was under the (possibly incorrect) impression that those elections
would be taking place shortly after FOSS4G this year, because it is in
early September. (The election appears to have been completed 29
September in 2009, based on the history of http://wiki.osgeo.org/
index.php?title=Board_Election_2009_Results&action=history.)

> Some may resign and those
> who have served for 2 years must stand for re-election, against other
> nominated new members.  I would suggest also inviting the past year
> board members to the meeting as well to help debrief the year.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
Nokia