[Board] Board Panel at the AGM

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 30 12:54:13 PDT 2010

Hi guys, I've been thinking about how to plan the AGM to fit into our
smaller spot this year and have boiled it down to three key areas:
* executive reports - Arnulf and I can go over some basic stats,
updates, vision ideas, general stuff
* summer of code report - I think this is broad enough that it is
interesting to everyone and may help to get more mentors/students next year
* panel discussion with board - this is also a great time to have the
membership put a face to each director (past and current).  It'd be very
valuable (at least to me!) have each of you comment on future vision for
OSGeo or on current challenges we/you are facing.  Of course this can be
open Q&A as well, so it's not just all about the board :)  But having
you up there will really help.

I dropped local chapter and committee reports as I just don't think
we'll have enough time to do them.  And if one person gets to present on
theirs then others want to as well and it can balloon out of control.

Does that sound like fun for you?

Details here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2010