[Board] Re: Request for formal incorporation of OSGeo-Africa

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 12:55:48 PST 2010

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Dear board, Tim is making a request to become 'official' as a local
> Africa chapter.  Their wiki page is:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Africa
>
> And this will help them during their forming of a local chapter
> supported event.  Can we vote on this at tomorrow's meeting?

Tim, Gavin and others,

My primary concern with the OSGeo Africa chapter is it's area
of responsibility.  It seems to me that having it be a branch of
GISSA implies that it is really a South African OSGeo chapter.

Can you update the chapter page to discuss the territorial ambit
of the chapter, and how you can ensure broad participation from
across the region?