[Board] 501c3 response update

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 18 21:38:28 PDT 2010

FYI - I packaged up the docs today, made only a few changes after
talking with the consultant, and sent the package in the mail.  Also
faxed the IRS rep to let him to know it was on the way.  At over 100
pages I didn't have the heart to fax it ;-)

We cleaned up a few things, but he was quite confident that we hit the
nail on the head with the educational arguments, though it was a bit
weaker (as we were aware) on the charity side.  Either way, he felt it
was a very strong response, especially due to the thoroughness of the
work, and was optimistic about our prospects.

The final doc is in SVN now too:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/board/irs_docs

I'm planning tomorrow to recover ;-)

Best wishes,
Tyler

p.s. Next up... the form 990 federal tax filing.  Anyone recommend a
chartered accountant familiar with nonprofits?  I've exhausted my leads
up here north of the border.