[Board] OSGeo-fr annual information

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Sep 13 10:44:19 PDT 2010

Hello,

I don't know if OSGeo Board are interesting to get some news from local
chapter, I supose to, but here the one from OSGeo-fr :)

# Organization

A new board have been elected last few monteh. The new board is now beggining
to work with the new team. The board is :
* Herve Halbout
* Vincent Picavet
* Gwenael Bachelot
* Jean-Roc Moreale
* Gael Musquet

Some name are well known from OSGeo community (Vincent Picavet or Jean-Roc
Moreale) who contribute to PostGIS or QGIS project.

Other are less known, like Gael Musquet. Geal is a french dynamic OSM
contributor. This introduce the next section ;)

-> contact : board-fr at lists.osgeo.org

# OSM-fr / OSGeo-fr

OSM-fr and OSGeo-fr began to work together a few month. First with some
contact and discussion (private, on osm-fr list and face to face at SOTM). We
espect to get more formal discussion to finalize this and to allow OSM-fr to
use the legal association part to allow them to get some funds for their
project.

Gael contribution to OSGeo-fr is one of the small step we succeed, other step
wil come soon (I hope).

# Project

We translated OSGeo4W, QGIS and OpenLayers documentation and began MapServer
one. GDAL-OGR will be update soon (contributor are welcome).

# French IGN

Contact with French IGN continue even if summer holidays not allow us to get
project faster.

# Tradeshow

OSGeo-fr managed an Open source village and share its booth with OSM-fr. and
some presentation.

# Conclusion

Like other projects we need more contributor to discuss with us on Francophone
ML, help to translate or/and update documentation, read the documentation,
make a presence to some local tradeshow. But, we walk slowly but we are not
stopping!

Regards,

Y.
--