[Board] F2F meeting plan

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Dec 15 01:57:07 PST 2011

On 14.12.2011 20:48, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I'll ping Cedarbrook today to see what kind of prices (and
> availability) they have.  [When I did an event at the Hilton
> recently, Cedarbrook was cheaper and actually had better facilities
> too, but they couldn't accommodate my dates.]

Folks,
I would be fine meeting in a Café or airport lobby - but something
dedicated to hosting meetings will obviously be more comfortable.

> Travel should be "best reasonable economy fare", where "reasonable"
> is defined as ~1 connection and don't need to do killer
> red-eye/overnight flights (but our Europeans might not have a
> choice).  Seattle Airport ("SeaTac") is a big airport, so there
> should be lots of options.  (I almost always fly Alaska Airlines, as
> they have a hub here.)
>
> -mpg

As I am in the area already I only expect OSGeo reimbursement for the
local airfare from Vancouver and back to Calgary or Kelowna plus the
weekend accommodation. For the latter I tend to go to rather modest
places if left on my own devices. Near the airport will make transfers
and timing easier.

Cheers,
Arnulf

>> -----Original Message----- From: board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
>> [mailto:board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Daniel
>> Morissette Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:36 AM To:
>> board at lists.osgeo.org Subject: Re: [Board] F2F meeting plan
>>
>> As treasurer I was going to suggest that we look for the best
>> quality/price possible, and then found out that the Cedarbrook
>> Hotel is ranked #2 of 126 hotels in the area on Trip Advisor, with
>> a better price range than other hotels in the top 20:
>>
>> http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d1199588-Reviews-Cedarbrook_Lodge-Seattle_Washington.html

I usually go for cheaper but since this one gets great ranking I won't