[Board] Charter members and directors elections

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jul 26 20:03:55 PDT 2011

On 11-07-26 11:34 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Daniel, did you have any further thoughts on next steps?  I know you got a variety of responses and wondered if your head exploded ;).

I've been kind of turned down by the diverging opinions on the number of
charter members to add and was hoping to see more board members express
their opinion to make the balance clearly go one way or the other. Since
we are unlikely to be able to reach consensus I'm thinking that maybe we
should aim right in the middle with 20 new members this year.

But anyway, at this point we're too tight to hold both charter member
and directors elections before FOSS4G since both require a minimum of 3
weeks, and we don't have 6 weeks before people start travelling for
FOSS4G. So it seems that we'll have to do as last year and push the new
charter member election to the fall.

I will update the schedule in the wiki and make a formal proposal to
this list to start the board election. Reviewing the thread from last
year around the same dates, it didn't seem that a formal motion was
required to kick start the board election, so just a +1 from a majority
of board members on my proposal (to follow in a few minutes) should do.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/