[Board] Proposal/thoughts for a FOSS4G Advisor Role
Michael P. Gerlek
mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Nov 21 17:59:41 EST 2011
Solid proposal, I like it a lot.
A couple points, though, of course:
* The daily rate is fine, but are 4 days/month sufficient? I'm guessing 4 days would be the average over a 12 month period?
*nit: travel expenses should include meals (not just flight + hotel)
* this is a 12-month position, but should probably be timed to start immediately after the event -- so this year's contract should be prorated down a couple months?
* I would like to see this be a continuing position with the same person owning it for >>1 year -- otherwise we'd lose the institutional/tribal knowledge (which Jeff has now), and we might as well leave it to the LOC by themselves. Thinking out loud: maybe a "retention bonus" if the person re-enlists for the next year?
* Proposal says "visit" (singular) to venue in advance of event -- I'd make that "venue(s)" (plural), to allow for >1 visits. (As you all know by now, I'm a big fan of in-person meetings when potentially more productive than email or IRC or even phone.)
From: board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jeff McKenna
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 1:09 PM
To: osgeo-board List
Subject: [Board] Proposal/thoughts for a FOSS4G Advisor Role
I have started my thoughts on a structure for a new recurring (partially
funded) role for the OSGeo organization:
- if you respond with "compensation is over our budget" then let's remove tasks/responsibilities and then adjust the cost estimate
- yes this proposal is for an annual role; this year's event moving to another region for the first time just highlights how important this role is through the years
I will do my best to listen to all feedback. I am also happy if edits occur directly on that page.
I am definitely acting on something that I have been wanting to put forward for a very long time.
Board mailing list
Board at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the Board