[Board] New MOUs proposed...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 11:16:18 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:
> I see from the logs that the IslandWood sprint funding was voted down, but
> it looks like there were multiple possible reasons -- too hard on OSGeo
> budget, fear of setting precedent, ..?
>
> These are reasonable concerns, certainly, but it's not clear to me if the
> board is looking for more input for me still for possible reconsideration at
> a future meeting, or if the issue is now completely closed and done with.
> I'm on a tight timeline here if this is to happen, so please let me know if
> any further action is needed on my part.

Michael,

>From my perspective, I want to do a financial review of our
current position first.  If we have adequate reserves I have
no problem providing the guarantee.  One other thing is that
we would need to know an upper bound on the financial
liability.  The motion that was raised was to cover up to
$12K but that struck me as inadequate as I had the impression
the potential liability was more like $20K (even though that
is very unlikely).

My "-1" does not mean that I am against supporting the
code sprint, only that I didn't feel the current motion was
adequate and that I wanted a better idea of our financial
position before committing.

My hope is that we can settle this at the F2F in Denver
in two weeks.