[Board] 2012 FOSS4G Decision

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Sep 15 13:59:16 PDT 2011

On 09/15/2011 01:50 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> On 11-09-15 03:43 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
>> Board,
>> after having discussed this with several people and taking into
>> consideration all mails to this list on the topic I amend my vote to a
>> +1 given that we limit OSGeo's financial exposure to a set seed funding
>> amount of (proposing) 20k (please discuss).
>>

> I'm sure the information is available somewhere, but to accelerate
> things, could you of Jeff perhaps answer the following questions for the
> benefit of all board members:
>
> 1- In past years, other than the seed funding, was OSGeo financially
> backing the LOC in case of a deficit? Is there an implied or written
> rule on that front?

Daniel,
last year I signed the contract with the PCO with a liability of €300k.
I did this in my role as director/president of OSGeo - but when it comes
to money, liability tends to stick to the person not the role.

There is no implied or written rule but at one point things just needed
to get done which is usually when I step up to do stupid things, Q.E.D.

Arnulf.

--
Exploring Space, Time and Mind
http://arnulf.us