[Board] Codesprint guidelines posted

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 21 09:13:00 PDT 2011

On 11-09-20 12:02 AM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> At the board meeting yesterday, I presented a set of guidelines that the
> board should consider when being requested to provide support for a
> codesprint.  I've captured the content here:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines

Thank you Michael for a great start. I added the following note in the
wiki about the possibility of "matching funding":

"""
OSGeo's contribution should go towards reducing the net cost for
participants instead of for instance supporting a more expensive venue
or setup.
"""

BTW, I'm not sure if I like the "matching funding" expression since it
suggests that you need to seek only 50% of your expected budget and
OSGeo will automatically match. Sprint organizers should still make as
much effort as possible to get direct sponsors to reduce the costs to
OSGeo and the participants.

Perhaps we should reword to say that OSGeo will go up to matching
funding, but not imply that it will default to provide matching funding?

What do you think?

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/