[Board] info at osgeo.org

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 27 08:16:29 PDT 2011

On 11-09-27 07:47 AM, David William Bitner wrote:
> As an officer who has done next to nothing for his role for the last couple
> years, I would certainly be willing to man the info at osgeo.org
> <mailto:info at osgeo.org> address as well. As a halfway point between what is
> done presently and something along the lines of what Jeff was suggesting, it
> might make sense to make sure we maintain contacts for all the local chapters
> and projects so that the folks directly manning info at osgeo.org
> <mailto:info at osgeo.org> can easily forward messages to the most appropriate
> folks (and we should work with the projects/chapters to identify a policy like
> CCing info at osgeo.org <mailto:info at osgeo.org> to make sure the folks manning
> info at osgeo.org <mailto:info at osgeo.org> know it has been responded to).

David,

We do have lists of project and chapter contacts in the wiki though I'm
not certain they are well maintained.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Contacts

I have hesitated to fill the third info at osgeo.org spot with you or Howard
until the board members have had a chance to speak up.

> RE Twitter -- I see that as primarily another announcement outlet -- anyone
> around here smart enough to write a bot that would just tweet the subject and a
> link to the email post for anything going to the announce list?

Rather than write a bot, I'd suggest then that we just make
it part of the responsibility of the "News Editors" per:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/News_Queue

When I get the twitter access I'll do that. By the way, I'll also need
a new co-news-editor as Tyler and I have been doing that together as well.