[Board] Marketing budgets

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 5 13:27:28 PDT 2012

On 12-04-05 4:07 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> A couple of days ago, I suggested (on the marketing email list), that
> next steps for the marketing committee are to be told how much budget is
> available from the board, so that the marketing committee can then work
> out how to spend it.
>
> At the moment, these is little incentive to be on the marketing
> committee if there is no budget to work it. So if there is budget for
> the marketing committee to allocate, can you please say how much.

The 2012 budget that was adopted at the February 5, 2012 board meeting
is available online at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9Xf1ehZXz-dFA0SHRYYnprNmo3Tl9NMXRsMElTNEE&authkey=CJyi7tsO

It is linked from the minutes of the meeting:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Seattle_2012#Minutes

And the short answer to your question is that there is 5,000$ allocated
on the budget for support of events in the form of booths, brochures,
banners, etc.

There is also 10k$ set aside for a New Contents Initiative that was
discussed at the meeting and that needs to be better defined by the
Marketing committee before money goes to it.

Finally, all this is conditional to the Marketing committed getting back
on its feet with an active chair, etc.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/