[Board] And the next board member is…

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:56:10 PDT 2012

Michael,
You are CRO, so your call. I'm happy for you to announce the person to
this board email list now.

I suggest that we should also put out a brief press release within the
next 24 hours, sent to this board and discuss email lists.

Press release should cover:

* congratulations to new board member
* note that Jo has resigned, probably quoting a reason why.
* note that this new board member will complete Jo's term of 1 year,
which will enable the board to keep its rotation of re-electing 4/5
people each year.
* note that this person was the next candidate in line from the last
board election.

I'm happy to help write or review such a release in ~ 8 hours.
I think this release should be separate to the general release which
Jeff has already drafted, and which should go out 12 to 24 hours later.

As a side note, I suggest that the board start building up a list of
press releases in a similar manner to what we have been doing on the
OSGeo-Live project.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Press_Releases

The advantage of developing press releases in a wiki is that it is easy
for a number of people to contribute. (I see that Jeff's last press
release was developed in a wiki in this fashion)