[Board] Resignation from Board

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 6 07:37:22 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

I think it is best that I resign from the OSGeo Board.  I've tried to be
very active on the Board, since my first term's election in September of
2009.  I feel I did a good job representing OSGeo through the years.

I have also resigned from the Conference Committee (email:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2012-February/001633.html),
which I feel is the right thing to do.  I don't feel this is a haste
decision, I feel it is best to move aside now to let others prosper and
let FOSS4G continue to be the great event that it is.

I feel positive that OSGeo and FOSS4G will continue to grow (we can see
that now as many other FOSS4G events are starting around the globe).

Personally, I will continue to focus my work and passion on a few
specific OSGeo software: mostly MapServer.  I plan on continuing my hard
work for that community.

So I may not be a visible OSGeo leader in the future, but I'll still be
down in the trenches helping our (OSGeo's) software improve and continue
to be the best.

Thank you for letting me be a part of the Board since 2009, it has been
a great experience for me.

Your friend,

-jeff