[Board] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board elections Voting

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Jul 24 06:47:21 PDT 2012

On 2012/07/24 22:29, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
> Folks,
> last year I was also surprised by having to vote 5 different people for
> the board elections. My preference would be to be able to push one
> candidate with all votes. Where did this clause come from "Multiple
> votes for one person will be counted as one vote."?
I do not know where this clause came from. Neither do any of the other
Charter Members,
I think.
> Having said that I believe that it would be a little hasty to change
> this now with the nominations already running. What do you think?

That was what we were told during the last board election too.

> As CRO I should have an answer ready before the elections start. In case
> we don't find consensus I will stick with what it says on the web site now.
Can you please point me to what it says on the web.
Since the Charter members are voting, I thing a
consensus could be sought among the voters rather
than the board.

Venka