[Board] Asking permission for re-licensing from LGPL to Apache

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Jul 26 16:17:39 PDT 2012

Hello Cameron

Le 27/07/12 00:37, Cameron Shorter a écrit :
> I'd be interested to hear who voted from the Geotools PSC, and their
> reasons for voting as they did.
> Are you able to point at the IRC logs, or email conversation?
> Alternatively invite the people with concerns to air their opinions.

There is the summary posted on the geotools-devel mailing list:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29578915
I don't know if there is an IRC summary however...

> I think this question is likely to become much bigger than just a
> geotools relicense, as with the recent interest of Eclipse's location
> arm, LocationTech, there will be other projects facing a similar decision.

I think it is true. However in this particular case, the relationship
that linked the 2 projects brought additional considerations...

     Martin