[Board] Asking permission for re-licensing from LGPL to Apache

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:24:31 PDT 2012

Martin the geotools project which you approached earlier has not had a
chance to look into your request yet with any degree of care. As an
example we had not gotten around to checking the code contribution
agreement yet.

The community process takes time, I was unable to attend the meeting (
due to a conflict with incubation meeting ) and apparently my input
was requested as I had a hand in the incubation process.

Part of working with others involves making allowances for their time;
especially when herding volunteers.

Two points of clarity:
- LocationTech was only motioned in passing as you had approached the
IRC channel, and perhaps as uDig is chasing after its long standing
goal of being more involved with eclipse. If you need to refer to my
actions please reference me by name; I am up front with my goals and
have no agenda.
- there has been no vote or decision on how to proceed by the geotools
community. Justin attempted to summarize discussion but is as of yet
still checking facts.

Try and relax and work constructively with others. If you want you can
help me write the RFC to assemble the information for PMC review.
Currently i am spending more of my volunteer time writing email with
you then helping you at the moment.

One thing that is getting lost in this is that you should have many
options for finding a community.
--
Jody Garnett