[Board] Charter member resignation process

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Sun Jul 29 15:40:36 PDT 2012

I have rec'd a request from a charter member voluntarily resigning as a charter member, because the individual recognizes s/he has had little involvement in OSGeo for some time now.

This is only the 2nd time this has happened, the previous was in 2008 and I don't know how we handled it then.

Our bylaws state:

	Section 7.5. Voluntary Withdrawal from Membership. Members (including emeritus members) may
	withdraw from membership in the corporation at any time upon ten (10) days' written, signed notice
	delivered to an officer of the corporation.

As an officer of the corporation (as per 5.1), I have accepted the individual's email to me as sufficient notice. I am explicitly assuming we don't actually need hard-copy scanned signatures and such -- pls correct me if I'm wrong. This might do with a bit of amending at some point to clarify handling of this.

[Not that there is anything untoward going on, just for privacy reasons I'm choosing not to publically name the individual here.]

-mpg