[Board] GSoC mentor payments - information

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 5 20:36:45 PST 2012

On 12-03-05 2:35 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> My opinion is that the mentors have the right to the $500
> payment if they want it.  We have just been fortunate that
> it has been left to OSGeo by most mentors.  So I don't
> think the board has any role to interfere.
>
> If you want to have a check box in Melange, I'm sure that
> is fine, and within your authority as administrator.

If one decides to claim their 500$ for mentoring, then would the payment
be handled directly by Google or is OSGeo expected to make the payment
to the mentor?

I ask this because if OSGeo receives the money from Google and then
makes the payment to an individual then there may be tax implications
that we are not prepared/setup to handle.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/