[Board] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Foss4g 2012 ???

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Wed May 2 16:16:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Mpg, whooa, you're the first one to publicly say that FOSS4G 2012 will be a
regional event finally.
So what is happening to OSGeo this year ? No FOSS4G ? No Conference "Man" ?
No ambassadors right ?
That's pretty hard. I mean i' don't see this year without any global
FOSS4G, without any AGM, without any shootout (either WMS, WFS or WPS), and
without our annual global gathering.
I know the Chinese team is late or may be did not do the job OSGeo is
waiting from a LOC. But what ?
Shoud'nt people, community, or the highest instances of OSGeo react to this
?
What is the Foundation going to do ? Just to annouce that we have no FOSS4G
this year ?
Or just that community that is not attending FOSS4G-NA, FOSS4G-CEE or
FOSS4G-CN just won't have any FOSS4G this year ?
That'd be the first year without any global event, at least for me, and at
least without Jeff too...
I really think that if FOSS4G is going to become a regional event, then we
MUST have Ambassadors and much stronger local chapters.

My 2 cents

Best,

Nick