[Board] Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Fri May 11 01:35:26 PDT 2012

One of Cameron's original emails about this had the ogc in it:
http://www.ogcnetwork.net/node/1585

I quite like the approach they have taken there

Jo

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>wrote:

> Interesting discussion - I wonder if we can find some examples of
> foundations with a similar role and a) figure out how they did it and b) if
> it worked well for them?
>
> I could not see a similar role with a quick search on types of members:
> - Eclipse has membership tied to contributions by the looks of things (
> http://www.eclipse.org/membership/become_a_member/membershipTypes.php)
> - Apache just seems to have members (by invitation only etc…
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/members.html)
> - Free software foundation also has membership it tied to donations etc…
>
> I wonder if the role we are thinking of is more of a "speaker" …
>
> That is turning up better hits:
> - http://community.apache.org/speakers/
> - http://www.gnu.org/people/speakers.html#becoming-speaker (seems to be
> by audition - that is what I get for searching for speakers)
>
> Perhaps someone else will have better luck?
>
> Jody

***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

864201149.