[Board] Executive Committee Proposal

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed Oct 17 13:07:13 PDT 2012

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make tonight's meeting after all (I might catch the end of the meeting, if it runs long).

Anyway, why does the new Exec Committee include anyone other than just Board Members?  I'm not saying it shouldn't (yet?), I'm just surprised by this and need to think about it some more -- seems like we'd be devolving responsibilities to a larger group, and I don't think we want to do that for moral reasons (the community elected the 7 board members to make decisions, not anyone else?) and logistical reasons (the decision making body is already big enough).

-mpg