[Board] Marketing/sponsors/...

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Thu Jan 3 08:25:46 PST 2013

Dear All,

What about the Ordnance Survey in the UK? They use OpenLayers as part of
their "OpenSpace" mapping API (
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/web-services/os-openspace/api/index.html)
so in theory are probably contributing to OL2 if not OL3. Arnulf might have
a better idea about this, in his new role with them.

Jo

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> Thanks sharing this, this is indeed important as we want to do the same
> here
> in France: find support from official and governmental organism.
>
> I will try to find some examples in my side.
>
> Y.
>

> Le jeudi 3 janvier 2013 12:14:18 Jeff McKenna a écrit :
> > Hello Board and community,
> >
> > I did debate which mailing list to send this to
> > (board/discuss/marketing), but let's start here.
> >
> > I received a message from one of the OSGeo-Japan leaders (Hayashi-san)
> > pointing to an important recent blog entry from another OSGeo-Japan
> > leader (Mori-san, CEO of Orkney):
> > http://blog.goo.ne.jp/jg2tkh/e/b4e04c4da1f141c66f48b3bd5142c733
> >
> > I will try my best to summarize:
> >
> > - Orkney is a long-time contributor and sponsor for FOSS4G projects
> > - Mori-san is concerned that only his company is willing to contribute
> > to OpenLayers3 ("OL3") development in Japan, even though many
> > organizations will use OL3
> > - a large federal org (Geospatial Information Authority, GSI, of Japan)
> > uses OpenLayers2 , but is so far not committed to helping OL3 development
> > - Hayashi-san thinks sharing examples of other organizations/governments
> > who support FOSS4G/OSGeo Projects will help OSGeo-JP attract
> > contributions from local orgs like GSI
> >
> > Do we have such a page to point to?  (yes this is a marketing issue)
> > e.g. case studies of organizations helping OSGeo Projects grow
> >
> > (note that this is needed on my own website, so I don't pretend to be
> > the marketing expert, but I do realize it is SUPER important)
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > -jeff

***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

864201149.