[Board] Monthly view of finances

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jan 17 10:13:32 PST 2013

Hi Board,

I've mentioned this quietly before, but in my new position I'd like to
make this happen: very very brief monthly OSGeo finance updates.

I was a member of another board for many years and I really liked their
simple monthly report from the treasurer, mostly just a current balance
update with noteable transactions.

To show how simple it could be, here is a template we could use each
month, copy/paste that into new wiki page and then report to the Board.
 (note that the finance 'category' at bottom is very important to
include on all new wiki pages, as I found many OSGeo budget pages
lacking the category)
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Monthly_Finance_Report_Template

I would also like to start all working together on a 2013 budget, and
get back to having a draft in the wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2013

We can discuss this when Daniel (treasurer) is back in action.

-jeff