[Board] Emeritus

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Jan 22 15:08:34 PST 2013

On 01/22/2013 10:55 PM, Eli Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Cameron Shorter
> <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Arnulf, I love the concept you are suggesting, but question the
>> name "Emeritus", primarily because it is a term I suspect many
>> are not familiar with. (I needed to look it up). However looking
>> around I can't seem to find the right replacement word.
>
> In the US, I think 'Emeritus' is a common word.  Especially so in
> academia.
>
> Best Regards, Eli

Thanks Eli,
same in Germany, but it is also used for charitable orgs and the like.
I also just got a confirmation from Carl Reed that this is the right
term to use, they also use it in the OGC for their past board members.

It is also known well enough in German to not confuse people and
checking Wikipedia it seems to translate nicely into Emeritaat,
Emeritný, Emèrit, Emérito, Эмерит, and so on.

Cheers,
Arnulf