[Board] Business cards - for Directors

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Nov 19 02:08:26 PST 2013

Jachym,
a few years ago we printed a stack of neutral OSGeo business cards
pointing to info at osgeo.org. Plus Tyler had a set of his own with his
name and contacts on it. At one point we also shipped a stack of
business cards around the world but that felt a bit odd because it was
more expensive than printing them.

Later I printed them on my own in a double sided version with the OSGeo
contacts and logo on one side and my business contacts on the other.
That worked perfectly and helped to clarify things when introducing myself:
"This side pays my rent, the other side is my contribution to the
community. Please choose whether you want to pay me for my time or
request volunteer time because you want to do some good for the community".

This worked remarkably well (most people did not pay me but at least
started to think about what they want :-). It seems to be common
practice and I have seen it with quite a few other not-for-profit
organizations.

Official OSGeo roles needing a business card should probably be able to
get reimbursed (if worth the effort). I didn't want any fancy design,
the logo and contacts seemed good enough, but that is just me.

Cheers,
Arnulf