[Board] Board meeting 2014-07-17: Motions

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Jul 20 05:27:01 PDT 2014

Le dimanche 20 juillet 2014 13:49:41, Jeff McKenna a écrit :
> As an aside it is great to hear Gerald's input!  Really great.  His
> input on the elections process is very correct, and we should make
> these changes for next election.

Hi,

I don't think the order CM then BM or reverse way is going to make much
difference. Both ways have probably their pros and cons (*), and it would be a
pity that the board spends to much energy on this, which, from my window,
seems to be a bit anecdotal (for example if comparing to the recent change to
the CM election process) and could be very well resolved by throwing dice ;-)

Even

(*) I was going to give arguments to illustrate that the current order is not
shoking, but I'll refrain in order to be consistent with my position that this
should be a non-topic ;-)

--
Geospatial professional services